Field Trip: Mahakam Delta (2010)
Date: August 5th – 10th, 2010
Place: Balikpapan and Samarinda, East Borneo
Participants: 18 in total (15 ITB students, 2 Unpad students, and 1 Undip student).
“Sedimentology and Stratigraphy Field Trip on Mahakam Delta 2010”
Field Trip agenda:
1. Company visit to Total Core Room in Balikpapan,
2. Studying Modern Sedimentation in Mahakam Delta, Samarinda riding a seatruck using echosounding and stream-grabbing methods (lecturer: Mr. Yudi Purnama and Mr. Dino from GDA),
3. Observation on Miocene deltaic outcrop around Samarinda region,
4. Observation on petroleum system outcrop around Balikpapan region,
5. Guest lecture from Mr. Aussie Gautama, Mr. Firdaus Tampilang, and Mr. Irfan Cibaj.
This Field Trip would never become possible had we not accepted much appreciated help and sponsorship from TOTAL E&P Indonesie, GDA, AAPG, and also Geology Alumni Community (via Mr A.Yani). We also would like to send our gratitude to Mr. Andang Bachtiar who has encouraged and given us much suggestion due to the make-possible of this Field Trip.
To see a few parts of the documentation, please see the slideshow below.
If you wish to see more of the photos (and a video-formatted documentation), you can contact us for further info.
ITB SC AAPG.